Clearly Ingersoll Rand has a focus on mechanics, being the name brand in air tools for many years we were not surprised when their first cordless impact W7150 hit the market years ago it was truly innovative. Even years later when we compared high torque impacts (see post here) it held its own pro cordless brands with Milwaukee, Makita, Dewalt and others. With a narrow focus on mechanics IR wants to be the leaders in Impact wrenches, Air Tools or Cordless so we were not surprised they would come out with the new W7152 which promises best in class 1500 ft-lbs Nut Busting torque.
Of course the new impacts W7152 and 2” anvil version W7252 have more power from the new brushless motor, which as we know will also add runtime and tool longevity. We really like some of the other features and unique style these IQv cordless tools are taking. Huge power switch on the back, reminiscent of their premium air impact wrenches for easy power changes, even with gloves on. Also the 1-4 power settings are totally logical and tailored to mechanical trades. Hand Tight 600 RPM 4-10 ft-lbs / Wrench Tight 1000 RPM 35-110 ft-lbs / Mid Power 1450 RPM 530 ft-lbs / Max Power 1900 RPM 1000 ft-lbs OF course best power to weight ration with 1500 ft-lbs in reverse for Nut Busting Torque is huge. Finally the 60 Lumen built-in light is super bright ideal for working in any environment.
We also ran some tests on the Skidmore and Kris couldn’t help himself he had to crack it open to look inside the new tools at the Ohio Power Tool service center, probably repaired many thousands of impacts over the years, check out the video for a little more there. All these impact kits are expected out in September, check out the Ohio Power Tool IQv 20V Impacts for all the different pre-sale options
- 1500 ft-lbs nut-busting torque and 1000 ft-lbs of max torque
- Best in class power-to-weight ratio
- IQv Power Control System includes 4 modes: MAX Power, Mid Power, Wrench Tight, and Hand Tight.
- 1” short tip-to-tail design at only 7.6 lbs.
- Brushless motor delivers durability and efficiency
- All-metal drivetrain and hammer mechanism
- Impact and chemical-resistant housing and patented steel reinforced frame
- Shadowless 60 lumen LED light ring with task light mode and 4 dimmable settings\
- Variable-speed switch with electronic brake
- W7152 (Bare Tool)
- W7252 (Bare Tool)
- W7152-K12: (1) x5.0 Li-ion Battery, Charger, Tool Bag
- W7152-K22: (2) x5.0 Li-ion Battery, Charger, Tool Bag
- W7252-K12: (1) x5.0 Li-ion Battery, Charger, Tool Bag
- W7252-K22: (2) x5.0 Li-ion Battery, Charger, Tool Bag